SSI is located in Edmond, Oklahoma and is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility totally dedicated to the printing and production of quality plastic cards. For over 40 years SSI Technologies has dominated the custom plastic card printing market with manufacturing innovation and customer service excellence. SSI continues to raise the bar and set the standard for plastic card, key tag, display, and mailer products at prices that work for any card application or promotion.
We employ the latest in high speed offset printing, and we are dedicated to exploring and pioneering the latest as well as future card manufacturing technologies. Our plastic card manufacturing capabilities include magnetic stripe encoding, laser-imaged barcodes, variable ink-jet imaging, and card personalization, enabling us to provide a completely customized product.
Ron Goade, founder of SSI Technologies, is known worldwide for his pioneering developments and patents in the plastic card industry. Notable achievements under his leadership include:
- 1969 – Developed high usage card for IBM users of Hollerith punch systems.
- 1970 – Pioneered magnetic stripe and barcode technologies for plastic card applications.
- 1970 – Developed plastic card manufacturing equipment.
- 1971 – Developed “solid plastic” Student ID with variable information for Central State University.
- 1973 – Developed laminate to adhere to “wet” Polaroid film for security badges.
- 1973 – Developed polyester-based library cards with bar codes.
- 1977 – Developed first electronic photo identification camera.
- 1983 – Developed magnetic striped plastic cards for Kronos, Inc. electronic card-based systems.
- 1984 – Produced first Teslin-based plastic card in the industry.
- 1984 – Produced first Teslin-based plastic card with variable information.
- 1987 – Developed Security Stripe (Black Bar), concealing the barcode and allowing only infrared scan.
- 1989 – Developed high security ID credential for Baja, Mexico that contained 21 fields of data.
- 1990 – Produced polyester RFID badges for Texas Instruments.
- 1990 – Identified over 1,000,000 Mexican voters in Baja, Mexico with Teslin-based ID credential.
- 1991 – Developed and produced first Telecard for AT&T, the “TeleTicket.”
- 1993 – Produced over 55,000,000 Mexican voter credentials for Mexico.
- 1994 – Developed and produced two card magnetic stripe mailer for Blockbuster Universal card program.
- 1995 – Developed and produced first Electronic Gift Cards for Blockbuster Entertainment.
- 1992 – Developed and produced ID credentials for Russia, Latvia, Australia, Iran, Croatia, and South Africa.
- 1998 – SSI Custom Data Cards purchased by DocuSystems, Inc.
- 2000 – SSI Custom Data Cards repurchased by Ron Goade and is now SSI Technologies.
- 2000 – Installed high-speed lamination, laser imaging, magnetic encoding, packaging, and label application.
- 2004 – Expanded manufacturing and production facilities.
- 2005 – Purchased Heidelberg Speedmaster CD74, Six Color Offset Press.
- 2008 – Introduced the Acclaim Mailer.
2016 – PhotoPog.com goes live
2018 – Launched the next evolution of targeted marketing mailings with http://www.yourbucksaver.com/
2018 – Launched the largest evolution of gift cards in over 20 years with https://www.customizeyourgiftcards.com/
With the longest, most successful track record in custom printed plastic card products, SSI Technologies is the premier choice for your card project. Call today and let our team show you how SSI makes manufacturing and distributing your custom plastic card products easy, at prices that make sense, and on a timeline that works for you.